A Practitioners Guide
By Morag Currin
Regular price is $160. Buy from us for only $107 plus Free Shipping!
Written, researched and compiled by the pioneer of Oncology Esthetics – Morag Currin.
Mórag Currin is a highly sought-after aesthetic educator with more than 27 years of spa industry experience and more than twelve years of training and training management experience. She pioneered the only Oncology Aesthetics® certification for salon/spa professionals and has set the standard in the fourteen different countries such as Australia, Brazil, Canada, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Malta, New Zealand, Philippines, South Korea, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States and her her home country South Africa. She travels around the globe with her training and expertise, helping to raise the bar in the spa industry and to open the door to all people, regardless of skin type or health condition. Going beyond the world of aesthetics, Mórag continues to reach out to those suffering from a variety of health challenges through Equine Facilitated Wellness (EFW).
This expanded edition is an essential resource for any esthetician who wants to improve his/her knowledge on the science of caring for clients with cancer or who are undergoing cancer treatment. Morag Currin offers an enhanced edition following the success of the original Oncology Esthetics with a Revised and Expanded edition which provides a more in-depth look at personalized treatments for clients with oncology-related skin issues.
This is a must-have reference and guide to the ever expanding study of Oncology Esthetics, educated estheticians can become experts in the value of nurturing touch, skin reactions that come as a result of cancer treatment, esthetic oncology massage and the use of appropriate skin care.
This edition provides more information on biological therapies and skin side effects as well as background knowledge of different types of cancer, stages and origins. Each therapy chapter covers the treatments, reactions, side effects, and the role the esthetician plays in helping to alleviate symptoms.
NEW EXPANDED TOPICS IN THIS EDITION INCLUDE:
- Recognizing skin abnormalities and understanding the skin s reaction to cancer therapies.
- Oncology drug reactions on the skin from certain ingredients in skin care products.
- Ethnic skins and how certain cancers effect different skin types.
- How certain spa treatments can be modified for clients with cancer or who are undergoing treatment.
- Understanding the lymphatic system while performing oncology massage therapy during treatment and recovery.
- Utilizing the correct skin care products during treatment and recovery and why certain ingredients are used in oncology skin treatment.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.